If you follow our site, in our previous article, we have already discussed how important vitamin E is to our body.
We now all know that vitamin E is very important for glowing skin, healthy hair, and a healthy body, but it is not necessary that vitamin E levels in our body are always maintained. Often there is a deficiency of Vitamin E in our body.
In this article, we will discuss the causes, symptoms, and prevention of vitamin E deficiency. Let us see what are the causes of vitamin E deficiency?
what are the causes of vitamin E deficiency?
- Improper diet is the biggest reason for vitamin E deficiency. This means that when we do not include such items in our diet in which vitamin E is found, it is obvious that the level of vitamin E in our body drops.
- Sometimes it is seen that people ignore fatty food because they feel that they will gain weight by taking fatty food. It is true that we should not eat a high-fat diet, but if there is a lack of essential fat in the body, then it can also cause vitamin E deficiency.
- Eating too much junk food or fried foods can also cause vitamin E deficiency in the body.
- People who have a liver, pancreas, and biliary problems also suffer from vitamin E deficiency.
These were due to a lack of vitamins. Let us see what symptoms our body shows when it is deficient in Vitamin E?
Symptoms of vitamin e deficiency
- When there is a deficiency of Vitamin E in the body, the hair is affected the most. Due to deficiency of vitamin E, hair starts falling fast. Not only this, the hair becomes frizzy and has no shine.
- Due to lack of vitamin E, the bones of the feet become weak, which often causes pain in the legs.
- The nervous system is badly affected. There is a problem with numbness in hand veins. Sometimes it is difficult to even feel your organ.
- The mechanism of tissue is affected. Cells are unable to recover and new cells are also not able to be formed.
- Stains become spots on the skin and acne also starts coming out.
- Digestive problems occur due to a lack of vitamin E. The walls of the intestines also become dry, which leads to constipation.
- Apart from this, the cells are also unable to absorb the essential nutrients from the food, due to which there is a lack of nutrients in the body.
Also Read: Benefits of Vitamin E
We have seen the symptoms and causes of vitamin E deficiency. Now let’s talk about which diseases are caused in our body due to deficiency of Vitamin E.
diseases caused due to deficiency of Vitamin E
1. Fertility is affected
As we all know that vitamin E is very essential for fertility. If there is a deficiency of vitamin E in the body, then there is a decrease in fertility. Lack of vitamin E in men does not produce enough spermatozoa, making them incapable of producing offspring.
2. Muscles become weak
Due to deficiency of Vitamin E, the muscles become weak due to which there is a problem of spasms and pain in the body.
3. Skin problems
Vitamin E helps a lot in keeping our skin maintained. Vitamin E gives a new glow and shine to the skin.
If there is a deficiency of Vitamin E in the body, then the skin loses its shine and beauty. Moisture is lost from the skin so that the skin looks very dry and dull.
4. Anemia occurs
If the level of Vitamin E in the body decreases, then the level of blood present in the body also starts decreasing. When there is too much blood deficiency in the body, then anemia problem arises.
Vitamin E deficiency also produces a congenital disorder. Due to deficiency of Vitamin E, there is a deficiency of red blood cells in the body.
5. Fear of Danger like cancer
Lack of vitamin E in the body increases the risk of terrible diseases like cancer. Yes, it seems very simple that when there is a deficiency of Vitamin E in our body, but you can see how terrible its result is.
Lack of vitamin E in the body causes problems related to the eyes. Night blindness or night blindness and other vision defects also occur due to vitamin E deficiency.
The victim is unable to see things properly. He sees things blurry. In most cases, it has been observed that a person suffering from vitamin E deficiency has night blindness, that is, he/she is obscured at night.
Measures to overcome vitamin E deficiency
- We should include such foods in our diet that are rich in Vitamin E. We can include cheese, milk, curd, meat, and seafood in our diet.
- Junk food should be avoided as much as possible. More spicy and oily dishes should also be avoided.
- We can also take vitamin E oil or capsules to fill vitamin E deficiency in the body.
- If the above remedies are not relieving, then a doctor should be consulted immediately.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Which disease is caused by the deficiency of vitamin E?
- Fertility is affected
- Muscles become weak
- Skin Problems
- Anemia Occurs
- Danger of Cancer
- Problems Related to eyes
Which food are most rich in vitamin E?
- Green leafy vegetables like spinach, cabbage, broccoli, turnip greens, some peppers, beans, and Avocado.
- Salmon Fish.
- Low-fat meat or white meat (chicken or fish)Eggs.
- Nuts such as almonds, peanuts, hazelnuts, fibrates, pine nuts.
- Seeds such as sunflower seeds.
- Some vegetable oils like sunflower oil, safflower oil, corn, soybean oil, wheat bran oil.
- fish oil.
- Some packaged food items such as fruit juice or breakfast cereals
What fruit is high in vitamin E?
How do you treat vitamin E deficiency?
- We should include such foods in our diet that are rich in Vitamin E
- Junk foods should be avoided.
- Can take vitamin e oil or capsules
It is essential to have a rich amount of nutrients in the body. We hope that through this article you will get all the details about the deficiency of vitamin E. If you like the article do share and if you have any questions or suggestions comment down below.