Some people drink haldi doodh before going to bed, and some like chamomile tea! But did you know that cash milk can also help you sleep well?
We’ve often heard of haldi doodh benefits in evading restlessness at night, but here’s something refreshing! Nutrition expert Rujuta Diwekar suggests that cashews can also help you relax at the end of the day, calm your mind, and get you a good night’s sleep.
Cashews, which are known for their creamy and slightly sweet taste, have a variety of uses. They not just make a fulfilling snack to satiate mid-day cravings, but they are also readily used to add richness and thickness in Indian curries.
Many people have concerns that cashews can contribute to a rise in their cholesterol levels. But the truth be told, cashews have zero cholesterol, and are rich in protein, healthy fats and antioxidants.
Since cashews can also help you sleep better, Diwekar has shared a recipe of cashew milk on her social media handle, and steered attention towards its benefits in a video.
“Sometimes in your life you just lose your sleep over nothing… Maybe it’s all the late Diwali night and shaadi nights and everything that you are stressing over. Here’s a thing that I found in my own book. It’s called Rujuta’s cashew milk. It is something which will help settle your gut and ensure that your skin is glowing and that you are sleeping like a baby,” she in the video.
Here’s the cashew milk recipe for better sleep:
- Take a few cashews, soak them in milk for about 4-5 hours
- Now grind them in a smooth paste
- Put the paste in a vessel and add milk to it
- Mix and add some more milk
- Boil it, add sugar to it and then have it hot or cold according to your taste
Also Read: Did you know your nutrition intake can dictate the quality of your sleep?
Other benefits of cashews
- Cashews are rich in monounsaturated fatty acid. It helps to prevent the onset of coronary heart diseases and also lowers the level of bad cholesterol in the blood. They contain the key minerals to bone health
- Cashews provide good fat
- They are a good brain food and are also known as natural depressants
Now that you are aware of the calming and relaxing effects of cashews, are you ready to include it as a part of your night-time regime?.