Banana is a delicious fruit. But apart from being delicious, it is also very nutritious. If the morning starts with eating 1 banana daily, then the body remains fit. Banana is very beneficial. It is counted among those fruits, which fill the stomach by eating. People all over the world including India eat bananas with great fervor. It will probably be the only fruit that can be made from chips to vegetables. Not only banana, but its leaves are also beneficial.
In many places, food is also eaten on banana leaves. If you do not know, then you will be surprised to know the benefits of eating bananas. For health, 1 banana daily is no less than a boon. Here we are telling you the advantages and disadvantages of eating bananas.
But before that let’s know about the nutritious element of banana.
Nutrients found in banana
Since ancient times, banana has been used as a medicine in Ayurveda because banana mainly contains calcium, magnesium, thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, phosphorus, folic acid, iron, copper, potassium, vitamin A, vitamin B, Antioxidant elements including vitamin B6, fiber, phosphorus, sodium, vitamin C, fatty acids total monounsaturated are found which are beneficial in keeping healthy.
Benefits of Eating Banana
One banana a day is a mine of many nutritional properties. It is not only beneficial for elders but also for children. After the completion of 6 months, doctors also recommend banana blossoms to children. In many places, the banana tree is considered auspicious and it is also worshiped. The benefits of eating bananas are many. It works to cure many diseases. Whether it is a stomach-related disease or anything else, banana is beneficial in all. Know here the benefits of eating bananas.
Health Benefits of Banana
Below we are telling the benefits of banana for health in order. At the same time, keep in mind that banana is not a medical treatment for the disease in any way. Its consumption can be helpful to some extent in preventing the disease and reducing the effect of its symptoms. Now read on:
1. Digestive Health
Banana has many benefits for digestive health. Banana is rich in fiber, which can help keep the digestive system healthy. Due to the fiber, the food gets digested properly and the process of bowel movement becomes easier. Apart from this, fiber can also work to relieve stomach-related problems like constipation. Resistant starch is also found in bananas, which is considered beneficial for the stomach.
2. High blood pressure
The properties of bananas can also be seen to control high blood pressure. Potassium is found in abundance in bananas. Potassium can work to lower blood pressure by relaxing the walls of blood vessels.
3. Heart Health
The benefits of eating bananas have also been seen for heart health. It is rich in nutrients like potassium, which can reduce deaths from heart attacks, stroke, and heart diseases. Studies have found that low levels of potassium in the body can increase high blood pressure and lead to stroke.
4. Brain Health
Banana has many benefits for brain health as well. It is rich in vitamin B6, which can work to improve brain function. According to a study, deficiency of vitamin B6 can weaken the functioning of the brain in adults. In addition, bananas are also rich in magnesium, which can have an effective effect on the nervous system. To keep the brain healthy, bananas can be consumed daily.
5. Bone Health
The benefits of eating bananas for bones are often seen. It is rich in calcium and calcium plays an important role in the development and strength of bones.
The important role of magnesium present in bananas can be seen here for bone health. Magnesium is a special nutrient that can help with bone development. In addition, it can also help in the flow of calcium in the body.
The properties of bananas have also been observed for diabetes. It is rich in nutrients like fiber. Contains a unique blend of several bioactive compounds, including fiber, starch, vitamins, minerals, phytochemicals, and antioxidants, which may work to fight type 2 diabetes. Potassium is also found in bananas, which may play a helpful role in the treatment and prevention of diabetes.
Banana can act as an effective medicine for diarrhea. It is rich in fiber and can work to get rid of diarrhea by controlling the fiber bowel movement. In case of diarrhea, a tolerable amount of bananas can be consumed.
If you are troubled by a hangover, then you can consume a banana. Minerals like potassium and sodium become unbalanced in the body due to excessive alcohol consumption. It is vital to possess a balanced amount of sodium and potassium within the body. These are known to balance the fluid levels in the body. Banana is rich in potassium, which can replenish it in the body. It can also work to calm the stomach. Bananas also contain sodium, but their amount is very less.
Anemia is a fatal disease, which occurs due to a lack of red blood cells in the body. Folates play a crucial role in the formation of red blood cells. The deficiency of folate in the body causes anemia. Banana is a beneficial fruit, which is rich in folate. To avoid anemia, including bananas in the diet.
Banana can also be consumed to relieve stress. Potassium is present in it, which may control vital signs and relieve stress. Apart from this, it also contains vitamin-B and according to a report, vitamin-B supplementation can play an important role in reducing occupational stress and increasing work efficiency.
11. Increases Energy
The benefits of eating bananas are often seen in increasing the flow of energy within the body. It contains 89 calories per 100 grams, which can make a person feel energized. It is a nutritious diet, which is also rich in nutrients like carbohydrates and proteins. All these elements together will work to increase the energy in the body.
12. For the eyes
Banana has many benefits for eye health as well. Apart from other essential nutrients, bananas are also rich in carotenoids, also known as vitamin A. Vitamin A is considered an essential element for the eyes. It can work to increase the pigment in the retina of the eye. Apart from this, vitamin-A can help to see clearly even in low light. Banana can be consumed daily to maintain eye health.
13. Menstrual Pain
The benefits of eating bananas have also been seen to get rid of pain during menstruation. According to a report, a scarcity of potassium within the body can cause cramps within the body. Bananas contain potassium, which can help relieve abdominal cramps during menstruation. Apart from this, banana is also rich in vitamin-B6, which has been considered especially important for women. Vitamin B6 can help ease menstruation.
14. Boosts Immunity
It is vital to possess a robust immunity to fight disease and infection. If the immunity is weak, then even normal physical problems can bother. there’s no got to worry about it. Bananas are rich in carotenoids, which are the most source of vitamin A . vitamin A can help strengthen the system . . For the event of immunity, you’ll eat bananas for breakfast daily.
Morning sickness may be a common problem during pregnancy, affecting approximately 70 to 85 percent of pregnant women. Its effect can last all day. during this problem, women face vomiting and nausea. Banana can play a crucial role here in getting obviate this problem. Bananas are rich in vitamin B6 and magnesium, which may help relieve nausea.
16. to vary the mood
The benefits of eating bananas also include mood changes. it’s a beneficial fruit, which is rich in nutrients like vitamin B6 and C. Banana may be a good source of carbohydrates, which helps in improving mood. consistent with a report, vitamin B6 can reduce anxiety in women, which may help in changing moods.
17. For Weight Loss
Losing weight also requires a high fiber diet and banana is rich in fiber. this may work to fill the stomach without adding too many calories to the body, which may help in controlling weight. additionally, bananas also are rich in resistant starch, which may help control weight.
18. Teeth Whitening
If you’re wondering how bananas can brighten teeth, then allow us to tell you that banana skin is often an efficient home remedy for teeth. Just rub the teeth with a banana skin a few times. you’ll do this three to fourfold hebdomadally.
If there’s a complaint of insomnia, then you’ll start consuming bananas. Banana can help in getting good sleep. Consuming this delicious fruit increases the assembly of serotonin and melatonin within the body, which may help in getting enough sleep. additionally, it also contains magnesium, which may act as a relaxant. Bananas are often consumed 90 minutes before bedtime.
20. Stomach Ulcer
A stomach ulcer may be a significant issue. there’s pain within the stomach, esophagus, or intestine. If it’s not treated, its consequences are often fatal. Banana can play a crucial role here. Bananas are rich in fiber and fiber can work to scale back the side effects of antibiotics also treat stomach ulcers.
21. For insect bites
The important role of banana peel can be seen here. Banana peel is rich in anti-inflammatory properties, which can relieve pain and swelling caused by insect bites. For this, rub the banana peel on the affected area for a while.
Skin Benefits of Banana in Hindi
Bananas are considered beneficial for internal health as well as skin. Know below, how bananas can be beneficial for the skin.
22. Moisturizes the skin
Banana can act as a great natural moisturizer for the skin. It is enriched with carotenoids, which can act to moisturize dry and dull skin instantly. Know below, how to make a banana moisturizer for the face:
HOW TO USE:
- Take a ripe banana and mash it well.
- Apply the mashed banana all over the face except the eyes.
- After about 20-25 minutes wash your face with lukewarm water.
- If the skin is very dry, then you can also use half a banana mixed with honey.
- Mix one ripe banana with one spoon of curd and one spoon of vitamin-E oil like almond oil.
- Apply this mixture on the face for 20-25 minutes and wash the face with lukewarm water.
23. Anti Aging
Banana can help to get relief from skin aging. Bananas are rich in vitamin A and vitamin C in the form of riboflavin, niacin, thiamin and folic acid (8). Vitamin A is known as an effective anti-aging. It increases collagen in the skin and can work to relieve problems like wrinkles (29). Know below how to use banana to avoid skin aging:
HOW TO USE:
- Take one-fourth ripe banana and add one to two spoons of rose water and mix it well.
- Now apply this mixture on the face and neck.
- After about half an hour wash the face with lukewarm water.
- This remedy can be done two to three times a week.
24. Glowing Skin
Banana can prove to be effective for making the skin shiny (8). The antioxidant properties present in it work to protect the skin from the harmful ultraviolet rays of the sun (30). Know below how to use banana to make the skin glowing:
HOW TO USE:
- Mash half a ripe banana and add a teaspoon of sandalwood paste and a quarter teaspoon of honey to it.
- Now apply this mixture on the face and neck for about 20-25 minutes and later wash the face with lukewarm water.
- Mash half a ripe banana and add a teaspoon of lemon juice to it.
- Apply this mixture on the face and neck for about 20 minutes and then wash the face with lukewarm water.
- If you want, you can also use milk along with a banana. For this, mash half a ripe banana and make a paste by adding three to four spoons of milk to it.
- Now apply this paste on your face and neck for 20 minutes and then wash your face with lukewarm water.
25. For dead skin cells
Apart from brightening the skin, bananas can also be used to remove dead cells from the skin. It is rich in antioxidants, which can work to remove dead cells from the skin. Know below how to make Banana Scrub:
HOW TO USE:
- Mash a ripe banana and add a teaspoon of sugar to it.
- Now apply this banana scrub on the face and neck, scrubbing slowly with your fingers for a few minutes.
- Afterwards wash the face with lukewarm water.
26. For acne
If you are troubled by acne, then there is no need to panic. Banana peel can be used to stop the growing acne. Banana peel is rich in antibacterial properties (31), which can act as a relief from acne. Know below how to use banana peel:
HOW TO USE:
- Take a banana peel and rub its inner part on the affected area gently for a few minutes.
- Afterwards wash your face with clean water.
27. For Itching, Psoriasis and Warts
Banana peel can play an important role here. Banana peel has anti-bacterial properties, which can work to get rid of itchy skin, psoriasis, and warts. Know below, how to use banana peel:
- For itchy skin, simply rub the inside of the banana peel on the affected area for a while.
- For the treatment of warts and psoriasis, banana peel can be applied on the affected area or rubbed gently for a while.
Note – More study is needed on how effective banana peel is for the above-mentioned skin-related problems. It would be good to talk to a dermatologist about these problems.
28. Swollen Eyes
Sometimes there is swelling around the eyes. To get rid of this, you can use a banana peel. Banana peel is rich in anti-inflammatory properties, which can work to relieve inflammation. Know below, how to use banana peel:
HOW TO USE:
- Take a banana peel and apply it on the swollen area around the eyes for some time or rub it slowly for a while.
- After 15 to 20 minutes, clean the face with lukewarm water.
29. For the feet
The benefits of eating banana can also be seen for the feet. Banana peel can play an important role here for foot care. It is used as an astringent for the feet (20). Know below how to use it:
HOW TO USE:
- Take a banana peel and rub it gently on the feet and ankles.
- This process can be done daily for five to ten minutes.
30. Beauty Slip
Adequate sleep is very important for the maintenance of the skin. Banana can help with this. This delicious fruit can work to give good sleep. Actually, banana is rich in elements called serotonin and melatonin. These ingredients can work to promote sleep. In addition, magnesium is also found in bananas, which relaxes muscles and can help with good sleep (26). Know below, how to consume banana for beauty slip:
HOW TO USE:
- Eat bananas about one and a half hours before going to bed every day.
Let us now know how banana can work on hair.
Hair Benefits of Banana in Hindi
Apart from internal health and skin, there are many benefits of bananas for hair as well. Know with us how banana can help with hair.
31. Hair Growth
Banana has many benefits for hair too. Due to lack of proper nutrition, hair growth can stop and they can fall prematurely. According to a report, the problem of hair loss can be due to a lack of iron and fatty acids. It would be surprising to know that banana can help here. Banana is a good source of iron and fatty acids.
HOW TO USE:
- You can include bananas in breakfast daily. Apart from this, the following hair masks can be adopted for different types of hair:
For soft hair:
- Take a ripe banana and a ripe avocado and mash them together.
- Now add a teaspoon of olive oil to it and apply it well on the hair and scalp.
- Now cover the hair with a hair cover for 15 minutes.
- If you want, you can leave it on the hair overnight also.
- Then shampoo the hair.
- Instead of avocado, you can also make a hair pack from cocoa. Cocoa can help maintain the natural color of the hair.
For shiny hair:
- Mix one ripe banana and one egg white in a quarter cup of olive oil.
- Apply the mixture on your hair and after 15 minutes wash your hair with your favorite shampoo and conditioner.
For strong hair:
- Take a ripe banana and mix it with two-three spoons of curd.
- Now apply this paste well on your scalp and shampoo it after 15-20 minutes.
For dry hair:
- Mix three teaspoons of honey with a ripe banana.
- Apply this mixture well on the hair and scalp and after 15-20 minutes shampoo and conditioner.
For damaged hair:
- Mix half a teaspoon of almond oil in a ripe banana.
- Now apply this mixture on the hair and scalp and after 10 to 15 minutes wash the hair with shampoo and conditioner.
Now that you must have known the benefits of eating banana, let us now know what nutrients are present in it.
Nutritional facts of banana
Vitamins and minerals
- Potassium. Bananas are a good source of potassium. A diet high in potassium can lower blood pressure in people with elevated levels and benefits heart health (6Trusted Source).
- Vitamin B6. Bananas are high in vitamin B6. One medium-sized banana can provide up to 33% of the Daily Value (DV) of the vitamin b6.
- Vitamin C. Like most fruits, bananas are also a good source of vitamin C.
How to Use Banana | Banana recipe
Banana can be beneficial only when it is consumed properly. Learn about the different ways to use bananas below.
1. Banana Shake
- two large ripe bananas
- 1 cup almond milk (unsweetened)
- a few pieces of ice
- a quarter cup peanut butter
- two teaspoons cocoa powder
- tsp vanilla juice
- Put all the ingredients in a blender and blend well.
- Now serve the shake in a glass glass.
2. Banana-Avocado Smoothie
- a ripe banana
- a ripe avocado
- half cup curd
- 1 cup almond milk (unsweetened)
- a spoonful of vanilla juice
- a spoonful of honey
- a few pieces of ice
- Put all the ingredients in a blender and blend well.
- Then serve in a glass glass.
3. Banana-Avocado Muffins
- 11 cups natural bran (bran)
- one cup wheat flour
- cup packed brown sugar
- one and a half cup baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- a spoonful of cinnamon
- a quarter teaspoon salt
- two eggs
- 1 cup mashed banana
- half cup milk
- one-third of a cup vegetable oil
- Heat the oven to 375 F..
- Take a large bowl and mix the bran, flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- In another bowl, mix the eggs, mashed banana, oil and milk well and add it to the mixture prepared earlier.
- Pour the mixture into muffin cups to bake and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove the muffins from the oven and enjoy.
4. Banana Tea
- Banana (sliced off ends)
- six cups of clean water
- Cinnamon or honey (to taste)
- Put water to boil in a stainless steel pot.
- Put banana in boiling water and take it out after 10 minutes.
- Now filter the hot water in a cup.
- Let cool slightly and add cinnamon or honey to taste.
- Now enjoy banana tea.
After knowing the benefits of eating banana, we are telling you how to select and store it.
Selection and Storage of Banana
To reap the physical benefits of banana, it is very important to choose and store it properly.
- If you want to use bananas right away, choose yellow-colored bananas. Take care that they are not too soft.
- If you are buying bananas for 2-3 days, then choose those bananas, which are mostly green and both ends are yellow.
- Along with the selection of bananas, it is also important to store them properly. If you want to store bananas for a longer period of time, store them at room temperature. Take care that the strong sunlight does not fall on them.
- Do not store bananas with other fruits, as this can cause early ripening and spoilage of other fruits. Always store bananas separately.
- If you have already peeled the banana, eat it immediately. They can deteriorate when exposed to air, which can also have an effect on health. To prevent the cut banana from oxidation and turning black, you can put lemon juice on it.
After knowing the benefits of eating a banana, their consumption, and selection-related information, let us know some of the disadvantages of bananas.
Disadvantages of Banana – Side Effects of Banana
There is no doubt that banana is a beneficial fruit, but its excessive consumption can also cause the following problems. Know below some side effects of banana –
- Bananas are a great source of fiber and consuming too much fiber can cause gas, abdominal cramps, and flatulence.
- Excessive fiber can hinder the absorption of iron, zinc, magnesium, and calcium in the body ,
- La is also a good source of potassium (8). Excessive amounts of potassium can cause hyperkalemia.
Now you must have known the benefits of eating bananas for health. There is no doubt that it is a beneficial fruit, which must be included in your diet. Apart from this, if you are also suffering from any of the physical problems mentioned in the article, then a banana can be used as a medicine. Women can use a banana face pack to enhance the beauty of the skin. If you are eating a banana to get rid of any physical problem, then definitely ask the doctor about the right time to eat a banana. The right time to eat bananas will work to improve your health quickly.
We hope that this article was beneficial for you. Don’t forget to share this with your friends and keep visiting HealthyTrickz for more such interesting information.