Overview of Hair Loss
Hair Loss in Men and Women is also known as alopecia or baldness, hair loss from the head or any part of the body. It usually involves scalp hair loss. The severity of hair loss can vary from a little area of body to the whole body.
In some people, the explanation for hair fall is psychological distress. Everybody’s hair falls every day. Research has shown that an individual has 100 hair loss per day. But thanks to excess hair loss, bald spots can appear on an individual’s head. In the case of a lady , the hair on the highest of her head is thin.
Hair Loss in Men and Women is not a fatal situation. But it are often seriously jeopardized that the way it’s , it can endanger confidence. Men, women and even children may experience hair loss. This condition usually occurs as a results of hormonal changes, heredity, medical conditions or side-effects of some medications. Hair loss is that the commonest explanation for hair loss thanks to hereditary reasons.
What are the types of hair loss in Men and women?
There are several types of Hair Loss in Men and Women:
- Informal Alopecia:- informal Alopecia is the natural thinning of hair with age. There is an increase in the number of hair follicles that enters the resting phase and other hairs become shorter and shorter.
- Androgenic alopecia:- Androgenic alopecia is caused by genetic condition can affect both men and women. In Men who have this type of alopecia also have hair loss in their teenage years. This alopecia is known as male-pattern baldness.
This is marked by gradual hair loss and hairlining from the frontal scalp and scalp. The hair of the women affected by thinned after their foreties. it is known as female-pattern baldness and leads to maximum hair loss near the crown.
- Alopecia areata:- Alopecia areata is usually starts sudden and leads to Hair Losses in young adults and children. It can be complete balding (alopecia).This is a condition in which the body’s immune system begins to attack the hair follicle. This causes baldness.
- Trichotillomania:- Trichotillomania is most commonly seen in children. Due to Trichotillomania psychological disorder, a person spoils his own hair. In this disease there is a sharp stretch in the hair. Due to stress and anxiety, not only the hair of the head is broken, but the hair of eyebrows and eyelids also break rapidly.
- Telogen effluvium:- Hair follicles are not activated due to excessive stress. Due to this, more than 100 hairs are broken daily. Such hair fall is called telogen effluvium. This Can Changes in the hair growth cycle. This is due to a lot of hair entering the rest phase which lighten the hair and become thinner as a result.
- Scarring Alopecia:- This indicates irreversible hair loss. Inflammatory conditions of the skin such as folliculitis, acne, and cellulitis produce results that destroy the hair’s ability to regenerate, and also Tightly woven hair and hot comb can result in irreversible hair loss.
Symptoms Of Hair Loss in Men and Women
Hair Loss in Men and Women, can appear in many different ways, It can come on suddenly or gradually and affect just your scalp or your whole body.
Signs and symptoms of Hair Loss In Men And Women may include:
- Gradual thinning on top of head. This is the most common type of Hair Loss, affecting people. Men hair mostly begins to recede at the hairline on the forehead. Women typically have a broadening the part in their hair. increasing common hair loss pattern in older women is a receding hairline.
- Circular or patchy bald spots. Some people lose Their hair in circular or patchy bald spots on the scalp, beard or eyebrows. Your skin may be become itchy or painful before the hair falls out.
- Sudden loosening of hair. A physical or emotional shock can cause hair to loose. fistful of hair may come out when combing or washing your hair or even after gentle tugging. This type of hair loss usually causes overall hair thinning but This is temporary.
- Full-body hair loss. In Some conditions and medical treatments, such as chemotherapy for cancer, can result in the loss of hair all over your body. The hair usually grows back.
- Patches of scaling that spread over the scalp. This is a sign of ringworm. This may be accompanied by broken hair, redness, swelling and, at times, oozing.
Causes of Hair Loss in Men and Women
Peoples are Typically Loses 50 To 100 Hairs in a Day. This is not Usually Noticeable Because New Hair Is Growing at The Same Time. When Hair Loss Occurs New Hair Doesn’t Replace The Hair That Has Fallen Out.
Hair Loss In Men And Women are Typically Related To Following Factors:
- Family History (Heredity). Most of the Common Cause Of Hair Loss Is A Hereditary Condition That Happens With Aging. it Is Called Androgenic Alopecia, Male-Pattern Baldness And Female-Pattern Baldness. This Usually Occurs Gradually And In Predictable Patterns — A Reducing Hairline And Bald Spots In Men And Thinning Hair Along The Crown Of The Scalp In Women.
- Hormonal Changes And Medical Conditions. A Varieties Of Conditions Can Cause Permanent Or Temporary Hair Loss, Including Harmonal Changes Due to Pregnancy, Childbirth, Menopause And Thyroid Problems. Medical Conditions Include Alopecia Areata, Which Is Immune System Related And Causes Patchy Hair Loss, Scalp Infections Such As Ringworm, And A Hair-Pulling Disorder Called Trichotillomania.
- Medications And Supplements. Hair Loss Can Be A Side Effect Due to Certain of Drugs, Such As Used For Cancer, Arthritis, Depression, Heart Problems, Gout And High Blood Pressure.
- Radiation Therapy To The Head. Hair May Not Grow Back Same As It Was Before.
- A Very Stressful Event. Many People Experiencing A General Thinning Of Hair Several Months After A Physical Or Emotional Shock. This Type Of Hair Loss Is Temporary.
- Hairstyles And Treatments. Excessive Hairstyles That Pull Your Hair Tight, Such As Pigtails Or Cornrows, Can Cause A Type Of Hair Loss Called Traction Alopecia. Hot-Oil Hair Treatments And Permanents Also Can Cause Hair To Fall Out. If disfigure Occurs, Hair Loss Could Be Permanent.
What vitamins are good for preventing hair Loss In Men And Women?
Lack of nutrition Can stop hair loss In Men and Women and vitamin intake is the best way to stop it. The best Vitamins are:
- Vitamin A: This is Primary unit for every cell in the body. Hair is the fastest growing tissue in our Body, vitamin A plays an important role in hair growth. Vitamin A founds in animal products like milk, eggs and cod liver oil.
- Vitamin B: One of the most Important vitamins in hair growth, vitamin B is also called biotins. This Vitamin helps in the formation of RBCs and carries oxygen, nutrients to the scalp. Vitamin B is found in grains, almonds, meat, seafood, green vegetables.
- Vitamin C: This Vitamin is a powerful antioxidant that protects against oxidative stress caused by free radicals. protein(collagen) which is important for hair growth. Vitamin C helps in the absorbing essential minerals for the hair. Citrus fruits like oranges, strawberries, peppers etc. are good for hair growth.
- Vitamin D: This is a Most Common factor for hair growth which helps in creating new follicles. Vitamin D play important role in hair production. Fatty fish, cod liver oil, some mushrooms and fortified foods are good sources of Vitamin D.
some home remedies to reduce hair Loss In Men And Women?
Egg White: Egg White is Full of protein, minerals and B-complex which are important for hair Growth. Egg Whiteness provide nutrients for hair growth and also make hair stronger. Egg oil whitening is recommended for oily hair as it reduces oil production in Hair. This can be mixed with olive oil for faster hair growth
Aloe Vera: Aloe Vera contains a high amount of amino acids and proteolytic enzymes which are good for hair growth. Aloe Vera can be mixed with castor oil and fenugreek powder for better results of Hair Growth.
Amla: Amla contains large concentration of antioxidants which increases the regeneration of skin cells. Amla reduces gray hair and increases hair volume. Amla also reduces dandruff, hence makes hair thicker. Vegetable oil, rosemary powder, egg, water and milk can be mixed with amla for better results of Hair Growth.
Onion: Onion contains large amount of dietary sulfur which is the most common mineral required for enzymes and protein production. The antimicrobial properties of onion juice help the scalp from fight infection. Antioxidant properties, on the other hand, cancel out free radicals that reduce damage to hair follicles.
Also Read :- Benefits of Basil for hair loss in men and women
Risk factors for hair loss in men and women
A number of factors can increase your risk of hair loss, including:
- A family history of balding on your mother’s or father’s side
- Significant weight loss
- Certain medical conditions, such as diabetes and lupus
- Poor nutrition
20 Effective Ways to Stop Hair Loss in Men And Women
Below is the list of effective solutions to help reduce or prevent hair loss in men and women:
- Treat dietary deficiencies
- Telogen effluvium
- Reduce alcoholic
- Avoid smoking
- Medication: Rogaine (Minoxidil)
- Avoid brushing wet hair
- Biotin: Biotin, also known as vitamin H
- Avoid constant heating and drying
- Frequent hair coloring
- Sweat-free scalp
- Prevent traction alopecia
- Regular physical activity such as walking and swimming
- Treat itchy scalp on time
- Overactive thyroid gland or hypoactive thyroid gland are both known to cause hair loss.
- Increased sugars may increase the risk of folliculitis
- Alopecia causing medications
- Regular massaging of the scalp may increase blood circulation in the scalps and help you to relax and improve scalp health.
I hope you will like this post about the Hair Loss in Men and Women, some hair loss prevention measures and home remedies to lower the hair fall. If you have any queries do comment and if you like share the post.