If you’re looking for a quick but intense workout to burn fat, look no further than this YK300Challenge by celebrity fitness instructor Yasmin Karachiwala that promises to burn 300 calories in no time!
It’s simple to gorge on our favorite foods, but the problem arises when you can’t burn all the stubborn fat you gain! Relatable, right? And even if you manage to shed those extra kilos, it’s quite common to reach a plateau. Well, that’s a bummer for sure! But what if we tell you that you can burn fat, and at the same time, burn 300 calories in no time. Yes, all thanks to the YK300Challenge by none other than celeb fitness instructor, Yasmin Karachiwala.
All you need to do is complete two rounds of all exercises. Are you all set?
Check it out for yourself:
1. Cross jack front raise (30 seconds)
- Stand straight with your feet shoulder-width apart and your arms up and extended out in the front.
- Jump up and cross your left leg in front of the right, and raise both your arms as you do that.
- Jump again and return to the starting position.
- Repeat, and reverse the position of your arms and legs.
2. Drop squat alt floor touch (30 seconds)
- Stand with your feet slightly wider than your shoulders, feet parallel, making sure your toes are slightly turned out.
- Jump your feet out as you lower into a squat. At the same time, bring your left hand in front of your right foot, making contact with the ground. Also, your right arm should touch the left foot.
- Jump your feet back in, returning to the starting position
Also, read: Take fat burn a notch higher with this Yasmin Karachiwala’s cardio routine
3. Power sprint (30 seconds)
- Warm up your body for a few seconds.
- Quickly jog in place as fast as you can, and move your hands at the same time!
4. Split lunge to drop squat
- Keep your upper body straight, core engaged, with your shoulders relaxed, and your chin up.
- Step forward with your right leg, lowering your hips until both knees are bent at about a 90-degree angle.
- Continue to lower and lift with your right leg forward.
- Get into the drop squat position.
- Jump again back to the starting position.
Also, read: Too much texting can wreck your posture. Try these tips by Yasmin Karachiwala to correct it
5. Kick + double POGO jump
- Keep your hands behind your head.
- Jump as high as you can with very minimal knee bend.
- Complete each jump mainly with ankles instead of hips and knees.
- Bounce off the ground as quickly as possible on each jump. Do it twice.
- After the jump, touch each foot with alternate hands.
Here are some other tips to keep in mind to enhance your fat burn:
- Have 8 glasses of water
- Consume a handful of nuts, two servings of fruits and three servings of veggies
- Exercise daily
- Sleep for 7-8 hours
- Don’t have soda, alcohol, dairy, red meat, pasta or sugar
An independent writer and journalist, Geetika loves sharp and fresh humour, just like her coffee! If not writing, you’ll find her cafe-hopping and raiding the best book stores in town.