Blood Pressure, In today’s hectic and stressful life, Men And Women both have to face many lifestyle problems like diabetes, weight gain, thyroid, arthritis, etc. Apart from all this, there is one more problem due to which most of the Both are very worried and that is the problem of blood pressure. This includes both high and low blood pressure. This is also the biggest gift of the modern lifestyle. Apart from bad eating habits, stress, lack of exercise, and not sleeping properly, sodium in the body is the main reason for this problem. It is also known as the silent killer because it does not show any symptoms easily in the beginning. When he shows up, it is too late. But you can feel it. Therefore, it is very important to be aware of its symptoms so that this problem can be easily avoided by taking timely information about it.
What Is Blood Pressure?
Blood pressure is the pressure exerted on the walls of the vessels by the blood flowing in the blood vessels. Arteries are the tubes that carry blood from the pumping heart to all the tissues and organs of the body. The heart regulates the blood flow in the arteries by pumping blood into the arteries and the pressure exerted on it is called blood pressure.
Types Of Blood Pressure
There are mainly two types of Blood Pressure:-
1. High Blood Pressure
2. Low Blood Pressure
1. High Blood Pressure
High blood pressure is a serious problem. It is also called hypertension. And it is very important to know about the measures to control it. Because if you do not do this, other parts of the body start getting damaged. This disease can affect a person of any age. Yes, hypertension or high blood pressure is a chronic medical condition in which the blood pressure in the arteries increases. Due to increased pressure, the heart has to work more than normal to maintain blood circulation in the blood vessels. Usually, 120/80 is considered as normal blood pressure, but if its level starts to exceed this then it is considered as high blood pressure.
Types of hypertension/High BP
Some of the types of high blood pressure i.e. high BP are as follows:
- Primary: This is an early type of hypertension. This happens with age. Most people fall prey to it.
- Secondary: High blood pressure caused by any other disease or drug intake is kept in this category. This condition can become serious if you stop taking treatment or medication.
stages of high blood pressure
High blood pressure or hypertension occurs in four different stages:
Stage: 1 – Pre-hypertension: in which the blood pressure is between 120/80 – 139/89.
Stage: 2 – Mild hypertension: in which blood pressure ranges between 140/90-159/99.
Stage: 3 – Moderate hypertension: with a blood pressure range between 160/110-179/109.
Stage: 4 – Severe hypertension: in which blood pressure is 180/110 or higher.
Once it is determined as pre-hypertension, various preventive measures and DASH dietary approaches can help in its further progression, but in many cases, it has been observed that pre-hypertension Moderate or severe high blood pressure has occurred.
high blood pressure Symptoms In Woman and Men –
One of the most important characteristics of high blood pressure is that it can happen without anyone noticing. Because most of the time the symptoms of high blood pressure are not visible. People with high vital sign are unaware of their condition. Therefore, it is important to get regular checkups done so that there is no change in blood pressure levels. If your blood pressure is uncontrolled, you may experience these symptoms –
- You may experience heaviness or pain in the head due to high blood pressure.
- You may feel more tired or dizzy, or you may feel very weak.
- You will experience blurred vision or double vision.
- You will feel a sharp pain or heaviness in your chest.
- You may find it difficult to breathe.
- You can feel your heartbeat.
- You may notice a dark or light brown color of the urine at some point.
Causes of High Blood Pressure –
High blood pressure is caused due to the unbalanced lifestyle of today and consuming our wrong diet, but apart from this these reasons are also responsible for the said blood pressure –
- People who suffer from sugar, heart diseases, kidney diseases, and whose blood arteries are weak, their blood pressure becomes high.
- Obesity is that the main explanation for a high vital sign. The risk of high BP in an obese person is higher than that of a normal person.
- Apart from this, people who do not do any physical activity at all and lead a comfortable life may have problems with blood pressure.
- Consuming more salty foods.
- On the other hand, by eating pizza, burger, chow mien, momos, etc., symptoms of high BP start appearing.
- Apart from this, pregnant women also have the problem of increased blood pressure during pregnancy.
- Individuals who smoke and consume alcohol excessively.
Avoid eating in high blood pressure
Along with regular exercise, high blood pressure medicine, we can keep blood pressure balanced by diet. Just keep in mind that the amount of potassium in your food should be high and the amount of sodium should be less. You have already learned above that what things should be consumed to keep high blood pressure normal. Now know what not to eat in high blood pressure.
- Do not consume too much sugar.
- Do not consume ready-to-eat food available in the market.
- People with high BP should not eat pickles.
- The amount of sodium in papad is high, so patients with high blood pressure should avoid eating it.
- Do not consume fried potatoes such as french fries.
- Avoid using tomato ketchup and other types of sauces in food.
- People suffering from high blood pressure should consume cashews at least or not at all.
- Apart from this, the consumption of excessive tea or coffee also proves to be harmful to patients with BP symptoms.
Side Effects of high blood pressure
Having uncontrolled high blood pressure invites many diseases. Even in advanced countries like the United States of America, research has revealed that in 60% of patients, blood pressure remains uncontrollable despite treatment. High blood pressure most commonly affects the arteries in the heart, brain, kidneys, vision, and organs. Let’s know about the disadvantages of high blood pressure –
Heart damage due to high BP
Heart disease is that the leading explanation for death in patients with high BP. Uncontrolled high blood pressure can cause the heart to become enlarged. Its ability to contract and expand may be reduced. The heartbeat may be irregular. A heart attack can occur when clots form in the blood vessels that supply blood to the heart.
Kidney damage due to high BP
High blood pressure interferes with kidney function. Kidney function gradually starts decreasing. In this case, the patient requires dialysis. Diabetes and hypertension are the major causes of dialysis in India.
Brain damage from high bp
High blood pressure causes clots to form in the blood vessels in the brain. This leads to the rupture of blood vessels in the brain, which can lead to bleeding in the brain. Therefore, the patient is also at risk of death due to paralysis. The patient’s memory may also be impaired. Sudden high blood pressure can cause vomiting, dizziness, and loss of consciousness. This is called hypertensive encephalopathy.
Eye damage due to high BP
There is a risk of damage to the blood vessels in the retina due to high blood pressure, which affects eyesight. Due to this, blurring of the eyes, swelling, and in severe cases, blindness can also occur.
Damage to the arteries due to high BP
High blood pressure can cause gangrene by forming clots in the arteries. The risk is higher in patients who use tobacco.
2. Low Blood Pressure
Blood pressure refers to the force with which your heart pulls blood towards your body. We are often worried about our blood pressure and most people are worried about high blood pressure and its associated danger. But low blood pressure can also be dangerous for us, about which we talk less. Usually, 120/80 is considered normal blood pressure, but if its level starts falling below this then it is considered as low blood pressure. Low blood pressure is also called hypotension. This is a condition in which the blood pressure in the arteries becomes abnormally low.
Symptoms of Low Blood Pressure –
In general, symptoms of low blood pressure may occur when you suddenly feel extremely weak or dizzy, but mainly include fatigue, depression, nausea, thirst, pale skin, chills, fainting and fast Shortness of breath, chest pain, irregular heartbeat, high fever, stiff neck, if low blood pressure is a problem for a long time, vomiting and diarrhea may also occur, fainting, extreme tiredness, blurred vision for a short time or something Loss of vision are the main symptoms of low blood pressure.
Causes of Low Blood Pressure –
There are many reasons for low blood pressure, but unless the exact cause is known, it becomes difficult to treat.
- Loss of blood – Sometimes the lack of blood in the body causes low blood pressure, due to internal bleeding due to a major injury, there is a sudden loss of blood in the body, due to which the blood pressure becomes low.
- Weakness and lack of nutrition- Lack of nutrition and weakness is an increased cause of low blood pressure, due to lack of essential nutrients, the body is not able to make enough red blood cells, which leads to low blood pressure.
- Heart disease- If there is any kind of problem-related to the heart, blood pressure can be low, so you need to take special precautions during this time.
- Lack of water – Due to lack of water in the body, you feel weak many times, due to lack of water not only low blood pressure but there are also other health problems which include fever, vomiting, diarrhea, etc.
- Pregnancy- Women may have a problem of low blood pressure during pregnancy because at this time the circulatory system increases rapidly and the blood pressure decreases.
- Medicines- Taking high blood pressure medicine, heart problems, Parkinson’s disease, taking depression pills or painkiller medicines can also cause low BP. Dangerously low BP can occur in people taking sex-enhancing drugs, such as Viagra.
- Dehydration – This happens to the housewife or the poor because they do not drink water when they are thirsty and do not eat food when they are hungry. Due to which our intestines also work slowly, due to which there is a lot of effect on our liver and the intoxication inside our body becomes weak and blood pressure is low.
- Acidity – Acidity also leads to low blood pressure because when acidity is produced inside our stomach, due to which heat is produced inside our intoxication and there is a slight fever, and inside our stomach too much. There is heat due to which the water of our body gets burnt. Due to which our nerves become weak and due to the same weakness, there is a lack of glucose insurance calcium protein vitamin minerals inside our body.
Side Effects Of Low Blood Pressure –
- If you have low BP and you are seeing symptoms like dizziness, fatigue, nausea for a few days, then it can be very serious kidney and heart problems, you can also be a victim of failure due to this.
- Apart from this, it also can damage your systema nervosum and brain.
- If low BP is not taken care of in pregnancy, then complications like stillbirth (death in the womb) can occur.
- May suffer from stroke, dementia, brain disorder, kidney disease, etc.
- Many times people can fall due to dizziness and they can also get a serious injury.
- Due to this, shock can also occur, due to which many organs of the body can be badly damaged and it can also be fatal.
- Due to internal bleeding, the risk of blood infection increases.
Prevention Low Blood Pressure-
- Those who are already taking medicine for high BP should stop taking the medicine.
- Drink a minimum of eight glasses of water and other drinks daily.
- Reduce the number of carbohydrates within the diet.
- Increase the amount of salt in the food.
- If the blood pressure decreases after eating, then eat small amounts. Instead of eating large amounts three times a day, eat small amounts six times a day. Take some rest after eating.
- Reduce the number of carbohydrates within the diet.
- There are some foods and drinks that increase vital signs immediately. The best part is that you do not need to find them anywhere, you will find them in your kitchen. If you’re feeling that your vital sign is low and you are feeling weak, then drink half a cup of strong coffee. This will immediately increase the blood pressure.
- Include whole grains, like fruits, vegetables, and fish in your daily diet.
Home Remedies For Low & High Blood Pressure
Read below home remedies for Low & high BP, which can control Low & high BP to some extent. Just note that this is not a cure for BP high but it can be a way to prevent it. If the problem of high BP is getting uncontrolled, then contact the doctor immediately.
Uncontrolled vital signs are often controlled by using garlic. It can reduce blood pressure by 10 mmHg systolic and 8 mmHg diastolic. Garlic contains S-L cysteine as a bioactive sulfur compound, which may be beneficial for high blood pressure. Systolic vital sign measures the pressure within the blood vessels when the guts are thrashing. Whereas, diastolic blood pressure measures the pressure in the blood vessels when the heart relaxes for a few moments between beats.
Also Read: Benefits Of Garlic
Amla can also be used to treat BP high at home. Amla has significant hypolipidemic and antihypertensive effects. Both of these effects can help control BP. The hypolipidemic effect may act as blood control by preventing the buildup of fat and cholesterol and other substances in atherosclerosis.
3. Fenugreek Seeds
Fenugreek is also included in the home remedy of high BP. Fenugreek can control high blood pressure by reducing the cholesterol that increases due to excess weight. One study states that polyphenol and flavonoid-rich fenugreek extracts show hypocholesterolemic effects due to antioxidants. This effect can control the cholesterol of the body.
Lowering cholesterol reduces the risk of developing BP. In addition, methanol extract of fenugreek has been found to have antihypertensive effects. This effect can also help normalize rising blood pressure. For this reason, fenugreek is considered a home remedy for high blood pressure.
Also Read: Benefits Of Fenugreek Seeds
Honey can help control blood pressure. According to research, quercetin (a type of polyphenol) present in honey can work to control rising blood pressure. Also, it is believed that the use of honey can lower blood pressure excessively, and sometimes it can also cause toxicity. For this reason, consume organic honey only, and that too on the advice of the doctor.
5. Onion Juice
A polyphenol called quercetin is found in the layers of onions. This compound is believed to be of great help in controlling high blood pressure. According to research, a reduction in blood pressure has been found in those who consume onion extract for 6 weeks. For this reason, onion juice is considered a home remedy for high blood pressure.
BP can also be balanced with the use of ginger. It has a hypotensive effect, which can help lower blood pressure. It has been told in research that consuming it for eight weeks can reduce systolic blood pressure and diastolic blood pressure. Diabetes patients can also keep blood pressure under control by consuming it. For this reason, ginger is known as a remedy for high blood pressure.
Watermelon is a beneficial fruit, which can be consumed to avoid high blood pressure. Actually, watermelon contains the amino acid L-citrulline. These amino acids can help reduce high blood pressure. Even though its consumption is good for patients with high blood pressure, but it is a high glycemic index food. For this reason, diabetic people should not consume it in large quantities.
8. Cinnamon Powder
Blood pressure that increases with age can be controlled with the help of cinnamon. According to research, the consumption of cinnamon can reduce both systolic blood pressure and diastolic blood pressure. The study states that cinnamon may be proposed as a hypotensive supplement to control high blood pressure. However, research is not clear which of its compounds may help control blood pressure.
Also Read: Benefits Of Cinnamon
Lemon can be used to avoid or reduce the symptoms of high blood pressure. This is considered a home remedy to control BP in many countries. According to research, consuming lemon daily and walking can reduce the risk of lowering systolic blood pressure. In this research done on rats, it was said that lemon juice and its flavonoids have a suppressive effect on systolic blood pressure. In addition, a watery extract of lemon peel can also lower blood pressure.
The risk of high blood pressure can be reduced by consuming potatoes in vegetables. Potatoes contain an ample amount of potassium. This potassium can be helpful in reducing high blood pressure to some extent. At the same time, excessive consumption of cooked, boiled, or mashed potatoes and french fries can also cause an increased risk of high blood pressure. For this reason, the consumption of potatoes should be done carefully.
Salary and honey are also considered beneficial as home remedies for high blood pressure. Salary contains phytochemicals called phthalides. It can work by relaxing the tissues of the artery walls to increase blood flow and reduce blood pressure. In this study in Indonesia, it has been said that salary can work to reduce both systolic and diastolic blood pressure. The salary seed extract is also considered beneficial in improving BP levels. For this reason, salary is known as a measure of high blood pressure.
Carrots can also be consumed to control high blood pressure. Other nutrients present in carrot juice, including fiber, potassium, nitrates, and vitamin C, are helpful in lowering blood pressure. Research has found that carrot juice can contribute to a reduction of up to 5% in systolic blood pressure. For this reason, carrot juice is also considered beneficial for the heart and kidneys. For this reason, carrots are known as a remedy for high blood pressure.
13. Cayenne Pepper
Cayenne pepper is spicy but can be used to control high blood pressure to some extent. Cayenne pepper helps in reducing blood pressure naturally. Cayenne pepper contains an element called capsaicin, which can help balance blood pressure. It can also control the BP that rises due to eating more salt. Keep in mind that excessive consumption of it can also cause the problem of hypertension.
Banana can also be used as a home remedy for high blood pressure. Bananas are rich in potassium, which can help control blood pressure, which is why it is always advised to give preference to fruits instead of taking high blood pressure medicine.
According to medical research published on the website of NCBI, Radish leaves have an antihypertensive effect. The antihypertensive property may help reduce high blood pressure. Therefore, if radish leaves are used, the effect of high blood pressure can be somewhat reduced. For now, more scientific studies are needed on radishes in relation to high blood pressure. Therefore, radish should be consumed only on the advice of a doctor.
16. apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar can help balance blood pressure. Apple cider vinegar contains acetic acid. This acid has antihypertensive properties, which can lower blood pressure. At the same time, according to Harvard Health Publishing, the acetic acid present in apples can reduce the amount of potassium in the body. Potassium generally helps prevent blood pressure from rising. For this reason, excessive consumption of apple cider vinegar should be avoided.
Also Read: Benefits Of Apple Cider Vinegar
17. Essential Oil
Aromatherapy is also considered a good option for lowering BP. Research by NCBI states that lavender oil can control hypertension. However, how this works is not clear.
Caffeine such as tea or coffee can help increase blood pressure. When your blood pressure drops suddenly, a cup of coffee or tea can help normalize blood pressure.
Basil leaves help in correcting low blood pressure. Suck five to six basil leaves every morning, blood pressure becomes normal. Tulsi leaves are high in potassium, magnesium, and vitamin C which help in controlling your blood pressure. Basil contains an antioxidant called eugenol that keeps blood pressure under control and lowers cholesterol levels.
Also Read: Benefits Of Basil
Keep 50 grams of a country gram and 10 grams of raisins in 100 grams of water in any glass vessel at night. In the morning, chew the gram with raisins well and eat it and drink the water. You can also use only raisins.
Also Read: Benefits Of Raisins
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Should we drink milk with high blood pressure?
Many people are often confused about whether milk should be drunk in high blood pressure or not? So let us tell you that milk helps in controlling high blood pressure. It is rich in calcium, vitamin D, phosphorus, and potassium, which not only keeps blood pressure balanced and maintains blood circulation smoothly.
How to control high blood pressure quickly?
When the BP is increased, squeeze half a lemon in a glass of water and drink it at an interval of three hours. By doing this, high blood pressure can be controlled immediately.
What happens when blood pressure rises?
Due to high blood pressure, a person’s heart has to work harder. Due to the extra pressure, the risk of heart attack increases manifold. Not only this, due to high blood pressure, the heart gradually starts weakening.
Which salt should be eaten in high BP?
Blood pressure starts increasing due to excessive consumption of white salt. But at the same time, rock salt is very beneficial in controlling high blood pressure. Along with this, it helps in reducing cholesterol, which reduces the risk of a heart attack.
When does it become difficult to control blood pressure?
In the case of resistant hypertension, it becomes difficult to control blood pressure despite taking high BP medicine. In resistant hypertension, BP remains above 140/90 mmHg.
Can high blood pressure cause nosebleeds?
Yes, high BP can cause nose bleeds. As we have already mentioned above that one of the symptoms of high BP is bleeding from the nose.
How does high blood pressure affect pregnancy?
High blood pressure in pregnancy can lead to preeclampsia, which can lead to many problems such as premature birth, poor fetal development, increased risk of heart disease, and low birth weight.
When should one contact the doctor for the treatment of high blood pressure?
If the symptoms of high BP mentioned in the article are seen, then at once contact the doctor for high blood pressure treatment. Based on the high BP symptoms of the patient, the doctor may suggest lifestyle changes as well as taking high blood pressure medication.
Can drinking water lower blood pressure?
Drinking water is beneficial for health, but there is a lack of accurate research about whether drinking more water can lower blood pressure. Still, take the right amount of water to keep yourself healthy. Also, do not rely solely on water intake to reduce blood pressure.
What is the home remedy for high blood pressure?
Many home remedies for high blood pressure have been mentioned in the article for high blood pressure disease. In such a situation, according to your convenience, you can try it by choosing home remedies for high blood pressure.
I hope you will like this article of ours on Blood Pressure And Low And High Blood Pressure And all About, if you have any query do comment down below, and if you like do share it with your friends and families.