Cardamom is one of the many Indian spices. Due to its sweet and unique taste, cardamom is not only used in Indian cuisine but also as a natural mouth freshener. It is believed that the natural aroma of cardamom enhances the taste of food, due to which it is in high demand.
Apart from this, green cardamom is considered more beneficial in terms of health. Here we will tell you about the types of cardamom, the benefits of cardamom and the disadvantages of cardamom.
Types of Cardamom
There are mainly two types of cardamom, one is green and the other is black, which is also called big cardamom.
1. Green Cardamom-
Green cardamom is considered to be the real cardamom. It is present in many varieties. Cardamom is used in both salty and sweet foods. Apart from this, it is used in foods made from milk due to its unique smell. Cardamom is also used in tea and coffee.
2. Black Cardamom-
Black cardamom is commonly found in the eastern Himalayas. It is used in dishes like curries and biryani. It is specially used in garam masala. Volatile oil, calcium, and iron are found in black cardamom, due to which its dark brown seeds are also used medicinally.
Benefit of Cardamom
The health benefits of cardamom are many, about which we will get to know in detail in this part of the article.
- Beneficial for the cold, cold, throat – The consumption of cardamom is very beneficial in cold and cold. For cough, cold, sore throat, etc., drink lukewarm water after chewing one or two cardamoms in the morning on an empty stomach and at night. You can also eat half or one gram of cardamom powder mixed with honey. It will definitely be beneficial and heat will remain in the body.
- Make Digestion Easier – In today’s lifestyle, digestive problems like constipation, gas are common. Cardamom contains natural ingredients that aid in the digestion of food. Its anti-inflammatory properties remove the problem related to digestion. Consuming cardamom after meals provides relief from gas, throat and stomach irritation, bloating, etc. The food is digested properly and the digestive system also remains healthy.
- Increase appetite – The consumption of cardamom is very beneficial for those who have the problem of loss of appetite. Cardamom keeps the digestive system fine due to its stomachic property, due to which the metabolism of the body also works properly and appetite increases. You can take cardamom powder mixed in soup or you can get rid of this problem by eating cardamom seeds like this.
- Relief in Hiccups – Although hiccups are not a disease, but when they keep coming for a long time, then it is natural to get upset. Sometimes these hiccups last for several days. I myself have seen such persons. In such a situation, these hiccups can be due to stomach disorders. Hiccups can be stopped naturally. There is no specific medicine for it. Whenever hiccups come, put cardamom in the mouth and chew slowly. Or grind two cardamoms and put them in a cup of water and boil it on a low fire. When this water is reduced to half, cool it a little and drink it. Will feel comfortable.
- Control blood pressure – Many diseases are born due to high blood pressure. Cardamom is very beneficial for those who are suffering from high blood pressure or hypertension. The potassium, magnesium, and fiber present in cardamom keep blood pressure under control. According to research by the Research Department of RNT Medical College, Udaipur, small cardamom can reduce the increased blood pressure in both systolic and diastolic states. Therefore, the consumption of cardamom is beneficial to keep the blood pressure under control.
- Remove toxins from the body – When the amount of toxic substances increases in the body, many problems arise, and health starts deteriorating. In this case, cardamom is very useful. The antioxidant properties of cardamom cleanse the body from within by flushing out toxic and harmful substances. If not daily, cardamom should be consumed three, four days a week.
- Relief in Vomiting – It has often been seen that many people especially women have the problem of nausea, vomiting while traveling. In the hilly region, the situation becomes even worse. In such a situation, cardamom helps a lot. Whenever you feel like this in the journey, put cardamom in your mouth, you will feel relief. After surgery, in the problem of nausea, vomiting, it provides relief by tying cardamom, ginger, and mint in a cloth and smelling it.
- Prevents infection – The antimicrobial properties present in cardamom protect us from bacterial lung infections like pneumonia etc. and skin infections.
- Stress-Free – Too much thinking, worry, and loneliness lead to depression. In such a situation, cardamom is of immediate benefit. By eating cardamom or drinking cardamom tea, there is a sudden change in hormones, you feel relief. The tension ends.
- Increase Memory – The consumption of cardamom proves to be very effective in maintaining the health of the brain and increasing memory power. Grinding cardamom seeds with almonds, pistachios and adding them to milk, mixing sugar candy will be beneficial.
- Protecting the heart – Potassium is needed to keep the heart rate regular and normal. The amount of potassium continues to be fulfilled by the consumption of cardamom. Cardamom also contains minerals like calcium, magnesium. Cardamom controls heart rate as well as blood pressure. Due to which the blood circulation remains correct. There is no possibility of risk of a blood clot and stroke etc.
- Removes bad breath – The use of cardamom is very beneficial to remove the bad breath of the mouth. Its seed oil contains an antiseptic that kills the bacteria that cause bad breath, and other diseases that cause bad breath. You can eat cardamom seeds anyway, drink cardamom tea or gargle with lukewarm cardamom tea to get rid of bad breath. It removes stress and freshens the mood, makes it pleasant. That is to say, the use of cardamom will be beneficial in bad odor.
- For kidney – Consumption of cardamom helps in the functioning of the kidney. It increases urine, removes urinary disorders. urinalysis improves kidney function.
- Lungs – The effect of cardamom is hot. It keeps the body warm during the winter season. The speed of blood flow in the lungs is controlled by the consumption of cardamom and the lungs remain healthy. When the lungs are healthy, cough, wheezing, asthma, shortness of breath will automatically get rid of.
- Beneficial in diabetes- The consumption of cardamom is very beneficial for people suffering from type-2 diabetes. The antioxidant properties of cardamom enhance the activation of insulin. As a result, the elevated blood sugar level is reduced and remains under control.
- Remove Anemia- Cardamom contains essential vitamins, minerals, etc. nutrients like zinc, iron, manganese, riboflavin for our body. All these nutrients help in making red blood cells so that there is no anemia in the body. The anti-oxidant properties of cardamom work to complete the vitamins. Taking a spoonful of turmeric powder and cardamom powder mixed with warm milk ends anemia.
- Benefit in constipation- The anti-inflammatory properties of cardamom strengthen the digestive system by eliminating stomach diseases. And also gives relief from constipation. Consumption of cardamom seeds or cooked water of cardamom is very beneficial in constipation.
- Skin – Staphylococcus aureus bacteria of cardamom protect against skin infections. And gets it from skin-related diseases. According to research, there is a mention of the use of cardamom in Ayurveda to make medicine for leprosy.
- Remove impotence- Cardamom has a wonderful and miraculous quality due to which married life remains happy. It acts as an effective tonic. It increases sexual arousal in men and women. This premature ejaculation makes the married life happy by providing relief from problems like impotence and enjoys sex life. Make a powder by grinding cardamom seeds. Consume it in the amount of about 2 to 4 grams with white muslin and sugar candy daily in the morning and evening. You will get freedom from impotence.
- Ejaculation – Cardamom is also beneficial in sleep disorders. about 20 ml. Isabgol in amla juice and one gram. Mix cardamom seeds and take one spoon in the morning and evening. Will benefit.
Also Read: How to Get Rid Of Acne
Uses Of Cardamom
The use of cardamom is often easily understood through the points given below –
- Cardamom is an important ingredient of garam masala in India. It is utilized in both vegetarian and non-vegetarian food.
- Cardamom can also be used in tea. The aroma of this drink is enhanced by the use of cardamom.
- Whole green cardamom is used in dishes like pulao and biryani. The aroma of these dishes increases with the use of cardamom.
- Apart from spicy dishes, cardamom is also used in sweets, such as kheer, gulab jamun, gajak, and halwa, etc. Ground cardamom is additionally utilized in soups and rice dishes.
- Chicken is additionally marinated with honey, black pepper, and cardamom.
- You can also use cardamom with honey during a citrus salad.
Side Effects of Cardamom
There is no doubt that cardamom has many miraculous benefits for health, but its excessive use may exhibit some cardamom disadvantages as well. Know about the Side Effects of eating small cardamom below
- Excessive consumption of cardamom can lead to the formation of stones in the gallbladder. Because sometimes the body is not able to digest cardamom completely. It slowly accumulates and takes the form of stones.
- If you are taking other medicines, then the use of cardamom in the form of a reaction can nullify the effect of those medicines.
- Allergies may occur. Rash, burning, red spots on the skin, itching, difficulty in breathing, nausea, chest and throat strain and pain, etc. can become a problem.
- Excessive consumption of cardamom during pregnancy can cause miscarriage. Women who are breastfeeding babies must consult a doctor before consuming cardamom.
- There may also be a complaint of diarrhea.
- Swelling of the tongue may also occur.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What can be a good substitute for black cardamom?
Green cardamom can be used as a substitute for black cardamom. However, its taste may feel less pungent than that of large cardamom.
What are the benefits of drinking boiled water containing black cardamom?
Drinking boiled water containing large cardamom can be beneficial in the problem of nausea and vomiting. At the same time, gargling with this water can also provide relief from sore throat. However, no scientific evidence is available related to this.
Is it more beneficial to eat cardamom at night?
The benefits of eating cardamom at night can help in improving sleep and eliminating the problem of snoring. That is why, to get the benefits of eating cardamom in these problems, it is advised to take cardamom with warm water at night. At present, scientific facts related to this are not available.
Is drinking cardamom and milk beneficial?
We have already mentioned in the article that the benefits of green cardamom are beneficial for digestion. In such a situation, drinking cardamom in milk can get more benefits in digestive problems.
Is it good to consume cardamom daily?
To get the benefits of cardamom, it is recommended to take two to three cardamoms daily. However, there is no clear evidence regarding the maximum amount of it can be taken. Keep in mind, an excessive amount of cardamom can also cause harm, which you have already been told in the article.